Monday 7 May 2012

On Holiday

OK, the title is a little misleading, but to me being at home is a holiday. The tour of Scotland went very well with the Twitter and Facebook comments being extremely favourable. I was once asked by a well known newspaper critic why I refused to give him free tickets for the show.
In reply I asked why I should GIVE him FREE tickets to come and CRITICISE the show when others are BUYING tickets to come and ENJOY the show.
He told me that we needed his reviews.... I didn't believe that then and I certainly don't believe it now. More and more I am finding that the customers are taking a lot more notice of the TwitCrits and thanks to their 'reviews' we are doing good business at a time when so many shows are quiet.

This tour is much better organised that previous years in that yes, we are all over the place, BUT we are not doing the continuous every night of the week runs. That means I have been able to be at home, enjoy my birthday, enjoy Easter and start to clean up the 1996 boat that we bought. It's going to be really good.

This, by the way, is another 'post' that I thought had been published but I just found it in the new style blogger.  Why do programmers think they are improving stuff that works?

1 comment:

Paul e Watts said...

You're right to deny free access to critics Paul - let them pay like everyone else.

I also agree about changes to stuff we already use and are happy with. Changes that appear to me to be job preservation rather than making the experience easier/better/more efficient etc. If it's not broken...